Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Arming myself with information

My sister-in-law forwarded me this blog and I cannot seem to get enough of it.  I started at the most current post and have worked my way backwards.  I read it when I'm stopped at red lights, or when I'm waiting in line at a drive-thru, or when I go to bed at night.  I don't know the author's name yet, but I know her husband is Bo and he's the one that is suffering with Alzheimer's. 

  • He forgets words, like what "water" is...
  • He makes up words that she doesn't even know what they mean...
  • He repeats himself over and over all day long....
  • They've been married 51 years yet she's so lonely...
What has caused this and how can we stop it?  I don't want my loved one to go through this.  I don't want anyone to have to go through this... Why are their memories being robbed?

From everything I'm reading, it is going to take a lot of patience and love to get through this.  I do not believe one person can handle the bulk.  It is a labor of love that must be shared amongst family members.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.