Thursday, January 2, 2014

Time to take control?

I was flying today to go with them to their doctor on January 3rd.  It is the first appointment since the diagnosis.  But they didn't want me to come.  Oh, they love me...  I don't doubt that.  But they need some processing time.  Since their diagnosis, they haven't been alone in their thoughts.  I'm not sure if I should "afford" them that time.  Do I discourage down time so they won't get "down"?  Do I say "I don't care if you want your own time, I'm coming anyway."   Do I take the reins? 

When I pressed, I was told the appointment is not until the 4th or 5th.  Those two days are a Sat/Sun.  I'm sure their doctor doesn't work on a weekend for routine appointments.  So, the signs confirming this diagnosis continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.