Friday, January 3, 2014

I'm here...

After being told not to come, I was then told to come. Signs of putting others needs before their own?   Or signs of being scared?  Or signs of the confusion that is sure to come? 

I've been here since New Year's Day.  People are afraid to be alone in their thoughts.  When we are alone, we may get sad.  Sad has a stigma as being bad.  But it shouldn't be bad, right?  Why is that emotion any less important than our other emotions?   I lost a cat recently and I had not cried.  Until one day when I was alone.  It just hit me and then I mourned her.  I think this diagnosis will just "hit me". 

They don't want to believe it.  There is denial in our midst.  But for the one suffering, I think there is a dawning.  A recognition. 

Please Lord, don't let this be so...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your comment.